Tuesday, September 19, 2017

New Ministry Developement

As you all know, when we got married I resigned from my role in the anti-trafficking world; I also made the decision to not get heavily involved in those efforts for at least the first year of our marriage in order to be able to take time to pour energy into building a strong foundation for our marriage and pursue the calling for ministry that we have together.

But, for someone who has a tendency to be a work-aholic, it's been harder than most people know. It's been a big adjustment to have such an open schedule. Even though I keep myself busy most of the time, sometimes I question whether or not I'm fulfilling the purpose God placed me here to fulfill. Especially because I am so passionate about anti-trafficking. When I was invited to join the board of a new bureau here in the DR planning to move forward with so many things that we had dreamed of doing last year and couldn't, I knew I had to say no, but it was a very hard struggle to give up that opportunity.
Do I regret it? No!! And there have been so many people who have encouraged us in this decision. I know that Miguel and I are so, so grateful that God has brought us down the path we are walking. And of course, Miguel is SO good at reminding me to take the extra time and spend those moments with Jesus.

Having said all that, I am so excited that we've been asked to take on roles as Mission Trips Coordinators for FCA DR! We're rolling out a new model for mission trips this upcoming year (currently receiving requests/bookings) and Miguel and I are spearheading it all. I'll do what I love to do in coordinating behind the scenes, as well as working with the groups when needed, while Miguel does what he loves to do - connect people to Jesus through baseball.
Our projects will be focused on the coaches. This may mean pouring a concrete floor for a coach and his family, building an outdoor block bathroom, repairing leaking tin roofs, or painting several coaches' homes in a week. Whatever it is, we'll take the talents of the visiting group and pair it with a need of a coach dirctly influenced by the staff of FCA DR.

Spread the word! Become a part of going into the world and "making disciples of all nations."






No comments:

Post a Comment